College Reach Out Program is a State of Florida grant-funded program designed to prepare middle and high school students to successfully pursue and complete a post-secondary education.
The College Reach Out Program was established by the Florida Legislature in 1983 in order to identify, motivate and prepare disadvantaged middle and high school students to complete post-secondary education. The program targets low-income and future first-generation college students currently in grades 6 through 12. It motivates students to develop basic learning skills, strengthens parent and student understanding of the benefits of post-secondary education, and fosters personal and career development through supplemental instruction.
The program is funded by grants from the Florida Department of Education, the Collier County School District, private donors and Florida Gulf Coast University. There is no charge to qualified students and their families to participate.
If you are interested in completing an application for the College Reach Out Program (CROP) or the Scholars Program, please follow these steps:
- Check the eligibility criteria listed on this website
- Determine if you attend one of the program schools or agencies (list on this website)
- Print off the application and complete ALL parts
- Have parent or guardian sign and date the application
- Submit completed application and school transcript to the CROP or Scholars coordinator at your school or agency (If unsure of who that contact is, submit your application to the guidance counselor at your school.)
- You will be contacted by the email or phone number you list on your application, if we need further information.
To access the application please click on this HYPERLINK.
Para accesar la aplicación favor de hacer clic AQUI.
Congratulations Class of 2020
Each College Reach Out Program is led by a teacher or staff member who meets with the participants weekly, supporting them academically, recording their program and school-related activities, progress, and encouraging them to reach toward high school graduation and a post-secondary education. The FGCU College Reach Out Program supports numerous educational activities each academic school year including the following: