The Möbius platform is designed to provide everything needed to take full advantage of online resources in your math-based courses.
- A First Time in College (FTIC) student may take the Mobius math placement test if they wish to take an initial math course after admission that has a higher level than the course that they initially placed into. The same is true for transfer students who have not taken a mathematics course at an institution of higher education.
- Once an FTIC student has enrolled at FGCU and has taken a mathematics course at an institution of higher education, the Mobius math placement test no longer may be used to improve one’s placement. Withdrawing from a course in this context is equivalent to taking a course.
- Transfer students who have taken a mathematics course elsewhere may take the Mobius math placement test if they wish, as a way of confirming that they are appropriately placed and do not need to consider taking a lower-level mathematics course. This test may not be used to “skip” a course when credit or placement has not previously been authorized.
- A student may only attempt to take the test one time.
If you want to expedite the process, email us from your Eagle Email address the order number, full name and UIN.
Download your Honorlock Instructions:
If you need assistance with Honorlock or would like to check if your device meets system requirements, please visit their Support page.
If you want to check Honorlock’s Status, please visit their Status Page.
You need to bring your cellular phone if that is the method you use for the Two-Factor-Authentication method for Canvas.
Students must provide an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, webcam photo, and e-signature verification before beginning an assessment. Read our Rules and Procedures.
- If testing in-person, indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations. Provide your full name and contact information. We will email you to confirm your request.
- If testing remotely, email us to indicate that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your Mobius examination. Provide your full name and contact information.
As an FGCU student you must register with the Office of Adaptive Services to request disability-related accommodations.
The Möbius platform is built on Maple™, the powerful math software from Maplesoft™.
Maple covers virtually every area of mathematics, including calculus, algebra, differential equations, statistics, linear algebra, and much more. It supports both symbolic and numeric computations, provides sophisticated 2-D and 3-D plots and animations, and includes a sophisticated programming language for developing scripts, algorithms, and interactive applications.
The Möbius platform draws on all this mathematical power to generate and automatically grade assessment questions, create and display meaningful visualizations, and control the behavior of interactive explorations. With the power of Maple behind it, Möbius is uniquely positioned to meet the specialized needs of math-based learning.
The Maple math engine is embedded in the Möbius platform, so you do no need your own copy of Maple in order to access Mobius as an instructor or student. If you are a content author, you may find Maple useful, depending on the type of content you are creating.