Lutgert College of Business seniors who are enrolled in GEB 4890 (Business Strategy) are required to participate in the ETS Major Field Test. This exam is designed to measure a student's subject knowledge and the ability to apply facts, concepts, theories, and analytical methods.
The exam fee is currently $20 for an in-person testing appointment you can create using Registerblast.
The exam fee will increase to $30 starting Fall 2021 Semester.
Your primary form of acceptable identification is your Eagle ID.
You can also provide an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, webcam photo, and e-signature verification before beginning an assessment. Read our Rules and Procedures.
Requesting Alternate Formats
Requests for alternate formats must be made in advance to allow ETS time to process the request and create the necessary materials. Suggested time frames are as follows:
Large print tests — eight weeks in advance
Reader scripts — 12 weeks in advance
Braille or audio formats — 12–14 weeks in advance
For More Information
For additional information on testing accommodations for students with disability or health-related needs, contact an ETS Advisor:
The ETS Major Field Tests are comprehensive undergraduate and MBA outcomes assessments designed to measure the critical knowledge and understanding obtained by students in a major field of study. The Major Field Tests go beyond the measurement of factual knowledge by helping to evaluate a students' ability to analyze and solve problems, understand relationships, and interpret material from their major field of study.
The Major Field Tests help you:
- meet requirements for accreditation and accountability initiatives and performance funding by measuring the effectiveness of your program
- evaluate and inform teaching and learning, and pinpoint strengths and areas of improvement to strengthen curricula and student learning outcomes
- demonstrate the strengths of your program to prospective students and faculty
- track longitudinal performance and trend analysis to evaluate program improvement efforts
- measure your program's effectiveness — and your students’ performance — against programs at similar institutions nationwide, using comprehensive national comparative data
For more information access the ETS Major Field Test webpage.