The Counselor Education Comprehensive Examination, also known as CECE, is a standardized, multiple choice exam for students of FGCU's Department of Counseling master program that covers CACREP Core Areas. This exam is a one-time alternative to support students applying for graduation, but who are unable to take the CPCE at a Pearson VUE testing center.
We recommend to set up your testing environment at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
Students are required to provide their Eagle ID or an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, webcam photo, and e-signature verification before beginning an assessment.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Eagle ID.
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
A full list of Canvas’ technical requirements can be found here.
- Microphone: any microphone, either internal or external
- Webcam: 320x240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Respondus Monitor Lockdown Browser
- High-speed internet
In order to request your disability-related accommodations you must follow this process:
Register with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Visit the Office of Adaptive Services' website to complete a Formal Request for Accommodations; make sure that you include all necessary documentation and forms.
- The Office of Adaptive Services will create a Reasonable Accommodation Plan for you; this is dependent upon the documentation submitted.
- Please follow up with the Office of Adaptive Services to ensure that your Accommodation Plan is approved before proceeding.
Register and pay for your testing appointment with the Office of Testing and Assessment Services using RegisterBlast.
- Register for your testing appointment on RegisterBlast; select the desired date and time of your appointment.
- Indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your TEAS examination. Provide your full name and contact information.
- Testing and Assessment Services will email you to confirm that you are planning to
take your exam with ADA Testing Accommodations approved by Adaptive Services. We will
then confirm your accommodations with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Depending on the approved accommodations, you may be asked to contact the Office of Adaptive Services to schedule your testing appointment with them. They will assist you in submitting a Test Schedule Form. Please let the Office of Testing and Assessment if the date and time scheduled by Adaptive Services differs from your RegisterBlast appointment.
On the day of your test, you must check-in with Testing and Assessment Services.
- Review the Exam Day Requirements before arriving; make sure that you have all required materials with you.
- If you are taking your exam in the Office of Adaptive Services, a staff member will walk you down to their testing rooms.
The CECE has 120 questions that cover the following areas:
- Human Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Helping Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Career Development
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
You will have 210 minutes to complete the evaluation.