Looking to renew your Campus Recreation membership? Click the link and login to our RecStore.
FGCU Campus Recreation offers a variety of memberships. Memberships can be purchased at the Lee County/FGCU Aquatics Center Office, or at the University Recreation & Wellness Center Membership Office.
Membership Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm | Saturday & Sunday: Closed
*After hours membership appointments are available, please call 239-590-1873 to schedule.
Campus Recreation Membership Options
Membership Policies & Procedures
- All memberships are non-transferable.
- Campus Recreation facilities are closed periodically due to University holidays and annual maintenance; fees are not pro-rated during those time periods.
- All requests for cancellations and/or refunds must be formally submitted to FGCU Campus Rec using the link below.
- Refunds are granted under the following circumstances:
- member has separated their employment from the University
- member will be moving out of the area
- member has documented medical circumstances that will not allow them to use the membership
- Membership charges will be refunded if cancelled within three days of purchase.
- When refunds are issued, they will be paid on a prorated basis; and, be paid only for the remainder of the term of the membership period.
- A $40 processing charge will be deducted from the refund amount.
- No refunds will be awarded if member has been suspended due to a Campus Recreation or University policy violation during current term.
- One month memberships are not eligible for refunds.
- A member who receives a refund must pay membership charges according to the charge schedule if wishing to rejoin.
- Campus Recreation requires a submission of a completed Membership Cancellation or Hold Form in order for a membership to be cancelled and for a refund to be requested.
- Cancellation for faculty/staff, whom pay through payroll deduction, will take into effect the following pay period.
- A $40 processing fee will be applied for canceling an annual membership within the year of enrollment.
- Phone calls will not be accepted as a form of cancellation.
- If a member wishes to place their membership on hold, a completed Membership Cancellation or Hold Form must be submitted no later than 14 days before the hold start date.
- If notification is not given within 14 days, Campus Recreation will start the hold 14 days from the submission date.
- An annual membership may be placed on hold, for a period no less than 30 days, and for up to 90 days per calendar year. This may be waived for medical or military reasons.
- Upon the completion of a maximum hold, billing will begin again pursuant to the annual membership agreement.
- There will be a $10 processing fee associated with each 30-day hold.
Can I purchase a membership to the gym for my child?
We do not sell memberships for anyone under 18 for the following facilities: the University Recreation & Wellness Center, SoVi Pool, or Waterfront. The only facility that allows persons under 18 is the Lee County/FGCU Aquatics Center.
I don’t want to use the gym, but my spouse does. Do I have to buy a membership?
Yes. The FGCU Affiliate membership is a sponsored membership. A qualifying membership must be purchased first before or at the same time as the Plus 1 Adult membership.
Can I play Intramural Sports if I have a membership on a monthly basis?
Members have access to all corresponding privileges as long as their membership is current at the time of participation, regardless if it is purchased on a monthly or annual basis.
Can First Year Alumni members play Intramural Sports?
Memberships in the “FGCU Affiliate” or Early Eagle category are not eligible to play Intramural Sports or register for Outdoor Pursuits trips.
Can I bring a friend who is visiting for the weekend to the URWC and Waterfront?
We offer 2 options for daily guests:
1) Sponsored Guest Pass is a pass purchased by the member for their guest. This can be used at all of our facilities.
2) Unsponsored Guest Pass is a guest who uses facilities on their own, without the primary member. Unsponsored guests can use the Aquatics Center and/or the University Recreation & Wellness Center. See membership rates for costs of each.
I graduated 2 years ago from FGCU. What are my membership options?
The Lee County/FGCU Aquatics Center Community membership is the only option. The University Recreation & Wellness Center is available for Alumni only within their first year after graduation.
I’m a staff member taking classes. Do I still have to purchase a membership?
If you are using the FGCU Human Resources benefit of a tuition waiver, then yes. If you are paying tuition and fees, then you do not have to purchase a membership since your membership is covered by payment of A&S fees.
I am 9 month faculty paid over 9 months. How would my payroll deduction work?
Faculty who are paid over 9 months can enroll for payroll deduction. Their monthly premium amounts will be as advertised, but during the summer they will need to pay Campus Recreation directly or they can work with Benefits to collect the summer premiums from their paycheck.
Identification & Assumption of Risk
All Campus Recreation members must present their valid FGCU Campus Recreation ID at the front desk when using Campus Recreation facilities.
A FGCU Campus Recreation ID is nontransferable.
Expired, unauthorized, or counterfeit ID cards will be confiscated and privileges may be revoked.
There is a $20.00 replacement fee for a lost, stolen, or damaged FGCU Campus Recreation ID card. There is no replacement fee for a malfunctioning card.
Assumption of Risk
Participation in Campus Recreation programs and facilities is completely voluntary. Users participate at their own risk and assume all responsibility for their own health and safety. Florida Gulf Coast University and Campus Recreation are not liable for injuries sustained during participation in Florida Gulf Coast University facilities or programs.
Purchasing a Membership
- Memberships must be purchased in person at the Lee County/FGCU Aquatics Center or the University Recreation & Wellness Center during business hours. If you are unable to visit the Campus Recreation offices during business hours, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Renewal of memberships can be completed online prior to expiration date. If a membership has expired, you will need to visit one of the Campus Recreation offices.
- Monthly memberships are valid one month from date of purchase.
- Annual memberships are valid one year from date of purchase.
- Campus Recreation accepts cash, check, VISA/MasterCard, and payroll deduction (annual faculty/staff memberships only).
Membership Services Offered
Both the Aquatics Center and Recreation Center have a number of items for daily checkout. Items include kickboards, swim paddles, pull buoys, basketballs, volleyballs, tennis racquets, yoga mats, resistance bands, and more. Stop by the front desk of the facilities with your valid Eagle ID and checkout what you need, just return it by the end of the day.
Membership Services OfferedEquipment Checkout
Recreation Center members can attend any of our group fitness classes. Class registration is available at the front desk of the Recreation Center up to one hour prior to the class time. Class size is limited! View the group fitness schedule.
Locker & Towel Rental
Daily, semester,and annual locker rental is available at the Aquatics Center and Recreation Center. A lock is provided with all locker rentals. We also have free day-use lockers available, but patrons will need to bring their own lock. Personal locks left on lockers will be removed and contents confiscated at the end of each day. Workout towels and shower towels are also available. Any member who wishes to rent a locker or towel should stop at the front desk of either facility. The cost for locker or towel rental is below.
$25 - Small
$35 - Large
$60 - Small
$80 - Large
|Locker & Towel Rental||$0.75||
$40 - Small
$50 - Large
$100 - Small
$120 - Large