Office of Government Relations Legislative Internship Program
***APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED***
Applications for the 2021 Spring Semester are closed and will reopen in Fall 2021 for the 2022 Spring Semester.
2021 Spring Semester
January 11 – February 26
- Location: District Office
March 2 – May 1
- Location: State Capitol in Tallahassee
*Do not have to be a political science and/or related major to apply. No government experience necessary.
- Internship Application Form
- Personal statement- 500-1000 words
- Reference Rating Form: Download/Print. Two reference rating forms are required, one must be from a faculty member. Please return to the Office of Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org once completed.
- Up to date unofficial transcript (this can be a printout or electronic copy from Gulfline)
- 4 currently work in State Legislature—1 Senator 3 Representatives
- 1-Abroad studying
- 2- Going to Law school
- 1-Earning Master's Degree at American University
- 1-Completed Federal Internship Program with US House of Representatives.
- Application starts August 17
- Application ends October 7
- Interview Panel- October 19-23
- Final Selection- October 26
- Internship Starts: January 11- February 26- Sponsored Member’s District Office
- March 2- May 1 Sponsored Member’s Capitol Office, Tallahassee
"The Office of Governmental Relations internship is an experience I would recommend for anyone with an interest in politics and the inner-workings of a state government. This experience was a period of immense individual and professional growth, as well as eye opening to the intricate details that make a functioning legislature possible."
"The Office of Government Relations Legislative Internship was a really unique and hands-on experience, learning about the Capitol and the legislation process. I was able to learn about different political careers to help me shape my future."
"My internship at the Florida Senate was truly life changing. I interacted with Senators daily and meet numerous government officials, including Governor DeSantis and Attorney General Moody. The internship helped me develop great workplace skills and make connections that few have the chance to experience."
Internship DescriptionToggle More Info
QualificationsToggle More Info
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesToggle More Info
Learning GoalsToggle More Info
Learning OutcomesToggle More Info
On the Job Tasks/ActivitiesToggle More Info
Selection ProcessToggle More Info
OrientationToggle More Info
CreditsToggle More Info
Academic AssignmentsToggle More Info
Safety ParticipationToggle More Info
Working HoursToggle More Info
Hours LoggedToggle More Info
Compensation: (Total Package Value of $8,500)Toggle More Info