|Atha, Megan - Chair||COE||2022|
|Gilmore, Donna||ex-officio, ORGS|
Meeting Schedule 2021-2022
The Grants and Research Team consists of one faculty member representing each academic unit and a representative from the Office of Research and Graduate Studies as a non-voting, ex officio member and as the VPAA designee. The Team chair is elected by the Grant and Research Team and must have served at least two years on the Grants and Research Team.
(ii) Responsibilities and Duties
The Grants and Research Team is a standing committee of the collegial faculty governance system, reporting to the Faculty Senate. It provides a direct faculty voice regarding all matters pertaining to the Office of Research and Graduate Studies. The team, at the direction of the Senate leadership, reviews and recommends policies, concerning matters relating to research and sponsored programs at the University. The Grants and Research Team has specific responsibility for:
- Reviewing proposals for Center and Institute establishment and making recommendations;
- Reviewing annual reports for Centers and Institutes and making recommendations regarding their performance and sustainability;
- Reviewing Internal Grant proposals and making recommendations for funding;
- Reviewing Multidisciplinary Research Initiative (MDRI) proposals and making recommendations for funding;
- Reviewing and selecting from multiple grant proposals where grantor imposes institutional submission limits;
- Reviewing guidelines and providing support to university-wide research activities, such as FGCU’s Research Day;
- Advising the Office of Research and Graduate Studies on all policies, procedures, and matters related to research and sponsored programs, including items such as appropriation of return overhead funds and recommendations regarding support services to stimulate successful generation of sponsored research.