EducationUS Fulbright Scholar, University of Ghana, 2006-2007
PhD in Evolutionary Biology, Ohio University, 2006
MS in Biology, University of Maryland – Baltimore County, 1999
BS in Marine Biology, University of North Carolina – Wilmington, 1996
Research and Teaching InterestsTeaching Interest: Herpetology, Conservation Biology, Vertebrate Zoology, Ecology
Research Interest: Sea Turtle Conservation & Biology, Reproductive Ecology of Reptiles
- Krysko, K, P Allman, and J Donini. 2019. The Blue-headed Anole, Anolis allisoni. In Amphibians and Reptiles of Florida, Eds. K Krysko, K Enge and P Moler. University of Florida Press. 728 Pp.
Peer Review Literature:
- Allman, P, RM Bowden, J Donini, and I Lezcano. 2019. Year-round plasma steroid hormone profiles and the reproductive ecology of gopher tortoises (Gopherus polyphemus) at the southernmost edge of their range. General and Comparative Endocrinology. In Press.
- Alexander, L, A Agyekumhene and P Allman. 2017. The role of taboos and other social customs in the protection and recovery of sea turtles. Frontiers in Marine Science. 4:237.
- Winters, C, J Ross and P Allman. 2017. Population genetics between an insular and coastal population of gopher tortoises (Gopherus polyphemus) in southwest Florida. Southeastern Naturalist. 16(3):369-382.
- Naccarato, A, J DeJarnette and P Allman. 2015. The successful establishment of a non-native species after a single introduction event: An investigation of ND4 variability in introduced black spiny tailed iguanas (Ctenosaura similis). Journal of Herpetology. 49(2):230-236.
- Dutton, P, S Roden, KR Stewart, E LaCasella, P Rivalan, M Tiwari, A Formia, J Thomé, SR Livingstone, S Eckert, D Chacon-Chaverri and P Allman. 2013. Population stock structure of leatherback turtles (Dermochelys coriacea) in the Atlantic revealed using mtDNA and microsatellite markers. Conservation Genetics. 14(3):625-636.
- Alllman, P, AR Place and WM Roosenburg. 2012. Geographic variation in egg size and lipid provisioning in the wide-ranging diamondback terrapin, Malaclemys terrapin. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. 85:442-449.