Your success is our business
The Lutgert College of Business building opened in 2008 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees.
We were an early contributor to the founding and development of Florida Gulf Coast University by bringing together the business and educator communities. Over the past 20 years we have ascended along with FGCU to become a highly respected part of the Florida university system, and have helped the university play a central role as a catalyst for the economy of Fort Myers and the southwest Florida region.
The Lutgert College of Business will be known for excellence in applied business education.
The Lutgert College of Business educates and engages students and businesses in a collaborative community. We offer high quality educational programs that prepare our students to thrive in their professional careers.
We accomplish our mission through the following guiding principles:
- Delivering a student-focused undergraduate business program with select graduate programs.
- Teaching by qualified faculty who share their diverse experience with students and the community.
- Preparing students for careers through a relevant education that includes opportunities for active learning, internships, and community service.
- Building and strengthening southwest Florida business and community partnerships through internship opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and career recruitment programs.
- Fulfilling social responsibility through entrepreneurship, mentorship, internship, service learning, and active learning programs to benefit the region and its communities.
- Fostering personal and professional growth in an ethical and diverse environment.
- Valuing the creation and distribution of applied, pedagogical, and basic scholarship.
Undergraduate degrees in Accounting, Analytics & Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management are offered. Graduate degrees in Accounting & Taxation, Information Systems & Analytics, and Business Administration (MBA) are offered. Also housed within the LCOB is the School of Resort & Hospitality Management which offers students the unique opportunity to gain supervised field work experience at one of many resorts and spas in the area. The School of Resort & Hospitality Management offers majors in either Resort & Hospitality Administration or PGA Golf Management.
Accreditation indicates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous peer review process to ensure that an accredited school:
- Advances knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Offers quality teaching and current business curricula.
- Delivers graduates who have attained definite learning goals.
- Manages its resources to attain its stated mission.
All degree programs offered by the Lutgert College of Business are accredited by one of three separate organizations. Select a tab to learn more about each accreditation.
Undergraduate/Graduate Business Programs:
As the world's largest business education alliance, AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) connects educators, students, and business to achieve a common goal: to create the next generation of great leaders. Synonymous with the highest standards of excellence since 1916, AACSB provides quality assurance, business education intelligence, and professional development services to over 1,500 member organizations and more than 785 accredited business schools worldwide. With its global headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA; Europe, Middle East, and Africa headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands; and Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore, AACSB’s mission is to foster engagement, accelerate innovation, and amplify impact in business education.
- Analytics & Informatics (B.S.)
- Accounting (B.S.)
- Computer Information
- Economics (B.S.)
- Finance (B.S.)
- Management (B.S.)
- Marketing (B.S.)
- Supply Chain
- Accounting & Taxation (M.S.)
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Information Science
& Analytics (M.S.)
Resort & Hospitality Administration (B.S.):
ACPHA is a private, nonprofit body that is comprised of hospitality, tourism and business professionals from across the country. Its composition ensures that the Commission is completely independent and impartial. The main responsibility of the Commission is to conduct the accreditation hearings to verify that those agencies applying for accreditation comply with the applicable standards.
ACPHA standards set a national benchmark for the effective instruction of programs throughout the United States and are necessary to ensure that these programs are professionally administered. They address curriculum, resources and staffing essential to good program, including administrative and fiscal controls, staff development, facilities, library, and other areas of concern. Standards reflect practical, up-to-date policies and practices that ensure the strength of the program.
PGA Golf Management (B.S.):
The PGA Golf Management University Program provides extensive classroom courses, internship experience and opportunities for player development in a four-and-one-half to five year program for aspiring PGA Professionals. The University Program degree provides the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the golf industry. Upon program completion students can apply for PGA Membership, and currently graduates have a 100% employment placement rate.