Careers in Theatre
Our graduates work at over 30 professional companies and counting, including:
Lincoln Center Theatre, New York, NY
Second City, Chicago, IL
Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA
Florida Repertory Theatre, Fort Myers, FL
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Miami, FL
Disney Productions, Orlando, FL
Theatre Zone, Naples, FL
Ghost Bird Theatre, Fort Myers, FL
Castleton Festival, Castleton, VA
B Street Theatre, Sacramento, CA
Our graduates have held positions and done work in a variety of capacities including:
Assistant Technical Director
Internship Guidelines: Theatre Majors
Both the student and the internship provider (employer) must register with the FGCU Office of Internships & Co-operative programs. Student and Employer registration can be completed online via FGCU Careerlink.
Additionally, students wishing to sign up for TPA/TPP 4940 must request permission to enroll in the course. Requests for permission to enroll should be sent to either the instructor of record or Program Coordinator Dan Bacalzo and must include the following:
- A brief description of the proposed internship, position description, duties and responsibilities, internship provider (organization), physical address, supervisor’s name, title and contact information,
- A statement of goals and learning outcomes, which the student will achieve through participation in the internship,
- The proposed internship schedule, indicating weeks under contract and number of hours on site per week,
- A copy of an official communication from the internship provider confirming the student’s planned participation in the internship.
- Confirmation of registration with FGCU Careerlink.
- 1 credit = 45 hours of work
- 2 credits = 90 hours of work
- 3 credits = 135 hours of work
Marina Neubert interned at Walt Disney World from January - May 2016. She worked in the entertainment costuming department at the Magic Kingdom and with the Electrical Light Parade. She helped build costumes and assisted performers.
Nate Tria hemming a sequin gown for a production of Buddy: the Buddy Holly Story, as part of his 2018 internship as a costume apprentice with Endstation Theatre Company in Virginia.