The office of Testing and Assessment of Florida Gulf Coast University offers proctoring services for students taking distance-learning courses with other universities and colleges.
Students enrolled in FGCU or other institutions can make use of these services. They are open to the community as well.
The cost of taking a distance-learning exam will be based on the allotted time indicated by the issuing institution.
For exams 2 hours or less, the fee is $45.00.
For exams 3 hours or less, the fee is $55.00.
For exams 4 hours or less, the fee is $65.00.
Exams over 4 hours are subject to availability. Please email email@example.com for details regarding fees and scheduling.
1. Send an e-mail to the instructor or institution for whom you are taking the exam, indicating that you have chosen to have your exam(s) proctored at Florida Gulf Coast University. Please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org on this email.
2. Ask your instructor or institution to send a detailed e-mail to email@example.com. The email from the instructor or institution must provide the information necessary for us to administer the exam; this includes materials allowed/exam aids, passwords, time allowed, etc.
3. Register, schedule, and pay for your seat through the Online Registration button below.
Follow up with Testing & Assessment, and your institution, to ensure that we have all the materials necessary no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled exam; you can do this by emailing or calling Testing & Assessment. It is the candidate's responsibility in making sure all materials and information are sent to Testing & Assessment prior to their exam date.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport (foreign passport may be acceptable for international students).
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
School identification other than Eagle ID.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
In order to request your disability-related accommodations you must follow this process:
Register with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- If you are seeking accommodations from your institution you may skip this step.
- Visit the Office of Adaptive Services' website to complete a Formal Request for Accommodations; make sure that you include all necessary documentation and forms.
- The Office of Adaptive Services will create a Reasonable Accommodation Plan for you; this is dependent upon the documentation submitted.
- Please follow up with the Office of Adaptive Services to ensure that your Accommodation Plan is approved before proceeding.
Register and pay for your testing appointment with the Office of Testing and Assessment Services using RegisterBlast.
- Register for your testing appointment on RegisterBlast; select the desired date and time of your appointment.
- Indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your Proctored Exam. Provide your full name and contact information.
- Testing and Assessment Services will email you to confirm that you are planning to
take your exam with ADA Testing Accommodations approved by either Adaptive Services
or your institution. We will then confirm your accommodations with the Office of Adaptive
Services or your institution.
- Depending on the approved accommodations, you may be asked to contact the Office of Adaptive Services to schedule your testing appointment with them. They will assist you in submitting a Test Schedule Form. Please let the Office of Testing and Assessment if the date and time scheduled by Adaptive Services differs from your RegisterBlast appointment.
On the day of your test, you must check-in with Testing and Assessment Services.
- Review the Exam Day Requirements before arriving; make sure that you have all required materials with you.
- If you are taking your exam in the Office of Adaptive Services, a staff member will walk you down to their testing rooms
There is a rescheduling fee. If you schedule a date and time for your exam and you cannot come in to take your test, or desire to change confirmed appointment, you must pay a $28.50 reschedule fee.
Exam lengths greater than 4 hours are subject to availability.
Send an email to Testing and Assessment with your testing requirement and we will do our best to fulfill them.
We require you make your appointment no less than three days prior to your testing window. If you will be taking multiple exams, each exam must be scheduled days prior to when you need to take it.
Your test is given in strict accordance to instructions received from faculty, Test Center, or institution.