Frequently Asked Questions

We're here to support you throughout your academic career

This page answers most questions that new and continuing students have regarding their FGCU experience. If you can’t find the information you need online, contact us by e-mail at or by telephone at 239-590-7980.

Graduation and Commencement

  • What do I have to do to graduate?

  • What do I have to do to participate in commencement?

  • When will I get my diploma?

  • What honors will I receive at graduation?

Non-Degree and Transient Students

  • How do I enroll as a transient student?

  • May I take transient classes at another SUS/FCS institution during my first degree-seeking term at FGCU?

  • What is meant by proof of Immunization?


  • How do I register for classes?

  • How do I drop a class?

  • I missed the deadline to withdraw without academic penalty. What can I do?

  • How do I get my Password?

Student Records

  • How can I get an Official Transcript?

  • How do I change my address?

  • How do I change my name for University Records?

  • Where is Preferred First Name used?

  • How can I reclassify to a Florida Resident for tuition purposes?

  • How do I get my grades?

  • Does FGCU have grade forgiveness?

  • Can I receive an AA from FGCU?