So much to do at FGCU
As Southwest Florida’s hub for arts and athletics, our campus is constantly abuzz with live performances, exhibitions and events that showcase noteworthy artists and musicians as well as our own stars in the making.
The Bower School of Music & the Arts features 150 art, music and theatre events each year, many of them free and open to the public.Explore arts
Artistry of a different sort draws students, alumni and sports fans to “Dunk City,” as we became known with the national rise of our basketball program.meet the eagles
The Lee County/FGCU Aquatics Center invites the whole family to dive into the fun or learn to swim. Any student or full-time faculty/staff with a valid Eagle ID may use the pool free.see more
Engaging minds is as important as providing fun physical activities, and FGCU presents numerous lectures that welcome the public as well as students — and most are free.browse programs
News & Views from the Web
- Longer school days for Charlotte County students on the horizon | ABC-7 May 16
- What can a student teach a professor? | FGCU360 May 16
- We Get the Lowdown on Love Bugs | WGCU May 15
- Lee County school district tentatively agrees to buy Estero land for $1.5 million | News-Press May 14
- Blue-Green Algae Behind Rotten Smell at Sarasota Bay | Bay News 9 May 14
- Potentially blue-green algae found near Anna Maria Island and in Palma Sola Bay | Bradenton.com May 14
WGCU Public Media
Tune into WGCU Public Media, our own Peabody Award-winning, on-campus PBS/NPR affiliate. In addition to its popular national programming, WGCU-TV has produced more than 160 compelling documentaries that keep us all well informed on the state of our state.