Gifts That Leave a Legacy
There are many options to explore when considering a charitable donation. Our job is to simplify the process so you can enjoy the benefits of giving.
It is the job of the FGCU Planned Giving team to help you identify the types of gifts that meet your philanthropic goals.
We will work with you or your financial advisors to streamline the process so you enjoy the benefits of giving, while leaving the logistics in the hands of dedicated and talented planning professionals.
Examples of Planned Gift Types
- Appreciated Stock/Securities
- Check or Cash
- IRAs/Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Personal Valuables/Property
- Property/Real Estate
- Share(s) in Business Interests
- Other Assets
Want to talk now? Please call Bill Rice 239-590-1077
Choosing the best mix of assets to give is an important part of the process. The outcomes must benefit each donor to fulfill their vision in the way that is most meaningful to them.
Benefits of Giving
Planning to share your assets is an important decision that needs the guidance of financial and legal professionals to ensure your interests and your philanthropic goals are met.
- Many types of gifts have substantial tax saving benefits that may reduce your IRS exposure.
- The FGCU Planned Giving team provides a full range of services to support our donors and help them explore what to give to the university.
- Unlike financial and legal professionals, FGCU employees or representatives do not offer legal or financial advice.
- We assist in facilitating all transactions, but we encourage you to consult with your accountant, attorney, estate planning professional, or financial advisor.