Continue learning without a degree plan
Note: The following information is for undergraduate non-degree seeking students ONLY. For post-baccalaureate non-degree seekers, please visit Graduate Studies.
Students not seeking a degree from FGCU can take up to 15 credit hours of undergraduate courses at FGCU by applying for admission as a non-degree seeking student.
Students currently enrolled at another institution in the State University System of Florida will apply as a transient student.
Those seeking admission as a senior citizen non-degree seeker, must be at least 60 years of age in order to be considered for courses and complete and submit the appropriate senior citizen non-degree application.
Students who are in good standing and enrolled at institutions not part of the State University System of Florida and students not enrolled at any institution may be considered for admission as a non-degree seeking student at FGCU. Undergraduate non-degree seeking enrollment is on a space-available basis and has been established for individuals who do not hold a bachelor's degree. A non-refundable application fee of $30 will be applied for first-time applicants.
Students enrolling in this classification are subject to the following regulations:
- Non-degree seeking students are subject to the same rules and regulations as degree-seeking students.
- International students may only enroll as non-degree seeking students with permission from the university due to limitations of certain visa statuses and federal regulations.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to live in university housing or receive university honors.
- A degree-seeking student denied admission to FGCU may not subsequently enroll as a non-degree seeking student. This restriction will be waived if the student subsequent to the denial from FGCU has completed a degree program or has been a student in good academic standing at another postsecondary institution. Official transcripts will be required in these cases.
- A non-degree seeking student dismissed from the university will not be eligible for admission as a degree-seeking student.
- A non-degree seeking student is limited to 15 credit hours of undergraduate coursework. In special circumstances, a college may waive this restriction.
- Hours taken at FGCU as a non-degree seeking student cannot be used to meet the 60 transferable hours required for admission as an upper-division student.
- A non-degree seeking student must be in good standing at his/her previous institution (including FGCU) and eligible to return.
- Registration for classes is on a space-available basis; subject to any required course prerequisites and other restrictions as determined by the applicable college or program.
- Registration is in accordance with the deadlines posted on the academic calendar.
- First-time-in-college students are not allowed to apply for non-degree seeking status.
- Former degree-seeking students at FGCU who have not completed a degree program will not normally be permitted to enroll in a non-degree seeking category.
You may apply as an undergraduate non-degree seeking student by creating a Future Eagle account and selecting "non-degree" on the online application. Learn more about admission deadlines for the term you are interested in applying for. Applicants will not be admitted until all non-degree requirements are met.
Once your application is processed, you'll receive a PIN to register for classes through Gulfline. It is your responsibility to register. Further instructions are available in the Registration Guidebook.
If you plan to apply and register within one week of the start of the term and live near campus, it is recommended that you register in person. For distance-learning students who live outside the local area, contact the Office of the Registrar directly to obtain information on how to register.
Important dates to know
|Domestic (U.S.) Students||International Students|
8/1 – Opens
4/1 – Summer Closes
7/1 – Fall Closes
8/1 – Opens
5/1 - Closes
1/1 - Opens
12/1 - Closes
1/1 - Opens
9/15 - Closes