Freshman applicants include: high-school seniors, home school students in their final year, first–time-in-college students (FTIC), high-school graduates with 11 or fewer transferable credit hours completed after graduating from high school and students currently enrolled in high school and earning college credit (dual enrollment). FGCU welcomes all students.
How to apply
Getting started is easy, but works best when you know the requirements and follow the steps in the application process. If you are graduating high school or this will be your first time in college, the information below will help walk you through each step to make it easy, but you have to read carefully and make sure you have your information available when it's time to send them to campus.
Step 1: Application & Fee
Note: Application Deadlines
- To begin the process, you must visit the FGCU application portal.
- Submit a FGCU online application with a non-refundable $30.00 application fee.
To submit an ACT or SAT Application Fee Waiver:
1. Complete the entire online admissions application and answer the question regarding qualifying for an application fee waiver.
2. Wait for a fee waiver code to be sent to you by our office via email. Do not complete the credit card information.
3. Send the application fee waiver form to Undergraduate Admissions.
4. When we receive both your application and the fee waiver form, you will receive an email from our office with additional information on completing the application.
*Application fees are not refunded if an application fee waiver is received after another form of payment has been processed.
Pay the fee with a major credit card or mail a check made payable to Florida Gulf Coast University to Florida Gulf Coast University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 10501 FGCU Blvd. S., Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565.
Required High School Units & Weighted GPA
Minimums Desired for Consideration
|GPA||SAT||ACT||Freshman Admission Averages (2017-2018)|
|3.0||500 ERW, 25 on Reading and Writing Tests||19 Reading, 19 English||3.86|
|500 Math, 25 on Math Test||19 Math||1140|
Tips for applying
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admissions.
- An evaluation of your application may take up to two weeks after your file is completed. This timeframe may be extended if your admissions review is on hold.
- You must provide evidence of high school graduation or in the process of graduating from high school or completing GED certificate.
Applicants with a GED must submit official GED test scores. Students applying before Spring 2017 must present a total score of at least 1450 on the SAT (Critical Reading + Math + Writing) or a 21 composite on the ACT plus writing. Students applying for Spring 2017 and later must present a combined score of at least 1070 on the new SAT (or concordant combined Critical Reading, Math and Writing score) or an ACT composite score of 21. The sub-scores of each test must be above the minimum admission requirements.
- Do not send letters of recommendations or personal essays as these are not used in the preliminary review of your application.
Information for Parents
As your child embarks on the college selection process, we encourage you to become involved and learn about the academic experiences and opportunities that await your new FGCU Eagle. The admissions section provides details on fees, financial aid/scholarships and steps needed to get started on the right path.
What does my student need to complete the application?Toggle More Info
When are your application deadlines?Toggle More Info
What was the first-year student profile for last year's accepted class?Toggle More Info
How can my student submit high school transcripts?Toggle More Info
How long does the application process take?Toggle More Info
My student has a hold decision status. What does that mean?Toggle More Info
How do I set up a visit to see the school or for my student to see the school?Toggle More Info
What is the cost of tuition?Toggle More Info
Do you offer financial aid? Scholarships?Toggle More Info
Is it required to live on campus? How does my student apply for housing?Toggle More Info
Is there support to help my student make a smooth transition from high school to college?Toggle More Info
How does my student sign up for Eagle View Orientation?Toggle More Info
Are students allowed to bring a car their freshman year?Toggle More Info
Are meal plans required?Toggle More Info