Connect with the world through education
We advance global perspectives and prepare students for success in a cosmopolitan
society by promoting mutual understanding of, and respect for, diverse cultures.
Campus Internationalization Initiative
At FGCU, we prepare our students to be successful in a global economy by offering programs and experiences that will enhance their career readiness. As such, we are collaborating with the American Council on Education (ACE) to help us internationalize our campus.
- International Admissions Guide
- Pre-Arrival Guide
- Application for Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials
- Financial Support Statement From Sponsor (F-1/J-1 Student Admissions or Program Extension)
Financial Support Verification Form from Financial Institution (F-1/J-1 Student Admissions or Program Extension)
Any non-resident (such as J Exchange Visitors) attending college in Florida who has a valid driver license from another state or country may drive in Florida without having a Florida driver license. However, if you decide to purchase a vehicle, you must obtain automobile insurance first. Insurance companies often REQUIRE you to obtain a Florida Drivers license prior to obtaining insurance. So, if you decide to purchase a vehicle you will probably need to obtain a Florida driver license and then automobile insurance for the specific vehicle you wish to purchase prior to purchasing the vehicle. If you decide to obtain a Florida driver’s license, state law requires that you present certain identification and documents such as your DS-2019 and I-94 card, and a driver license from another state in United States if you already have one.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Fillable I-765 Form for Employment Authorization
- I-9 Form for Employment Eligibility in U.S.
- W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- On-Campus Employment Procedure & Guidelines for Student and Employer
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) Information Packet and Checklist
- OPT-Sample of Personal Letter of Application
- OPT Academic Advisor Sample Letter of Application
- OPT EMPLOYMENT REPORTING FORM
- STEM OPT 24 Month Extension Checklist and Agreement Form
- STEM OPT: Form I-983 TRAINING PLAN FOR STEM OPT STUDENTS
- Estimated Expenses for J-1 Exchange Visitor/Scholar
- Export Control Compliance
- Financial Support Statement from Sponsor for J Exchange Visitor Scholar Program
- J-1 Insurance Notification Form
- Sickness and Accident Insurance Verification
- Exchange Visitor Profile
- Exchange Visitor Request
- Wilberforce Pamphlet
- Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure
- International Agreement Process